Saturday, January 18, 2014

THANK YOU MEE!





I am so glad to be back writing again! I think that I am finally getting back to normal. I have thought about putting my thoughts on paper but have not been able to concentrate long enough to get the words down in black and white.

Life has been a challenge since Labor Day weekend. There have been many days of waking up, cooking breakfast and going back to bed. My off days have consisted of alternating housework for 30 minutes and napping for an hour.  I have cancelled lunches with girlfriends and workouts at the gym in place of lying in bed and resting, all due to eating gluten over Labor Day Weekend.

For 6 weeks I spent my time praying that something or someone would help me. I had a burning in my stomach that felt like a cigarette lighter and I could barely move for the pain and swelling in my joints.  Also, the Celiac Disease was affecting my Hashimoto’s Disease. My labs were haywire. Normal Thyroid Peroxidase is 0-34. Mine is 1176. Also, my weight went up 25
lbs in 2 weeks! I was for lack of a better phrase a hot mess!

Then one day in October, I saw something on the local news that has changed my life! I saw Mee Tracy McCormick and her book ‘My Kitchen Cure”! She was talking about better alternatives for Thanksgiving and curing chronic Autoimmune Disease through diet!  As I watched and cried, I knew that my prayers were answered. I ordered the book on Nook and couldn’t put it down! Then I bought the book in hard copy and got to work.

I am now able to go to the gym and ride the stationary bike for 45 minutes, I am back into yoga, and I have lost 15 of the 25 pounds that I have put on! I have gotten rid of the processed and canned food in my house with the exception of a few cans of beans and coconut milk, canned tuna and organic chicken broth. I also have a shelf of gluten free chips and crackers that I keep in case we get invited out and need to take an appetizer or snack to a friends house!

I am so thankful to Mee and I want to recommend that you all go out and buy her book! Her story is an inspiration and has been a blessing to me! I am leaving you with a picture of my new non-processed pantry!!!! 



1 comment:

  1. I am honored and blown away..Thank you for sharing your journey and for receiving mine..We walk to our wellness together & we find our own Kitchen Cures one meal at a time..Luv Mee

    ReplyDelete